Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Questions at Primary school

I started helping with English classes this week, and boy is it fun. Every day I have a different schedule with different classes. So likewise, I get asked a lot of the same questions by so many kids. Most of the time it's "How old are you?" "Where are you from?" "Do you play sports?" It get tiring.

Another thing that comes with little kids is doing ridiculous things. Among others some things I've had to do is sing the Hokey Pokey, listen to Little Red Riding hood, The Three Little Pigs, and Jack and the Bean Stalk about a dozen times, listen to them sing along to ridiculous songs about food and family, asking a whole class of students questions one student at a time. 5 questions, 20 something kids, very boring.

Today I have a super full schedule.
Hour 1: The first class I was in recited a poem about recycling. This is the pronunciation version of it.



Hour 2: The second class wasn't as interesting. I scored homework and then they sang a Michael Jackson song. That's about it. But during the break, a little girl sang for me. It was super cute.

Hour 3: The kids recited a poem about recycling. A different one than the other. It's funny. They also sand the alphabet. It was a little disturbing because 'z' they said as 'zet' a very abrupt end.

Hour 4: A large wave of questions. The most common ones, " Do you have a boyfriend?" and "Do you have a Facebook?"

After, there was a hole in my schedule, so I went to watch an English contest. The little girl was there singing again.

Hour 5: English class with kids about the age of Freshmen. They were learning about comparative and superlative adjectives. Nope, I didn't know what they were, well most of them. When the teacher asked me to write words on the board, I didn't know some of them. It goes to show that when you grow up using a language, you never really think about the rules.

Secondary break: I got to see my classmates during our half hour break. During this, we were showing different ways to tie shoes.


It ended with her shoe laces being tied into a knot.

Ballet class: The girls today had a 'test' over what they've learned so far in the last week. Surprisingly not, only a couple of them did a good job. But unlike any other day, they were relatively quiet.

And there you go. A 'typical' day at La Salle.

-abrazos y besos de Peru.

2 comments:

  1. wow... sounds exciting-ish. haha what is up with them and recycling?
    It's weird without you here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool about the recycling! So how do the kids like your ballet? Keep up the good work sounds like fun girl!

    ReplyDelete